Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Our Game








All day long you love me and love me.
You call me 'my sweet sweet' and 'my sweet Mommy'
You slip your arms around my leg or back or neck,
whichever you can reach.
You snuggle your head into me and rock or wriggle.
You lift your face up to mine
perfect small child skin, rosy cheeks, pink shaped lips, your hair swooping back. 
You hug me and compliment me, tell me I'm beautiful.
Out of the blue over and over again.
We play a game, because there is more than being beautiful.
I tell you you are beautiful. 
You are smart, loving, kind.
You are creative, you are strong, you are generous.
You are capable, helpful and brave.
You tell me I am all those things too.
You are goofy
You are fun
You are interesting.
All day long you love me and love me.
How blessed I am in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment